RED PEPPER, CHARD AND FETA FRITTATA
**Let’s pair this recipe with roasted red potatoes (with olive oil, garlic, and dried herbs) to round it out and make it a complete meal.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 bunch Swiss chard (may substitute spinach), stems removed and sliced into thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 whole eggs
- 8 egg whites
- Black pepper
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Coat a large oven-safe skillet with oil spray and preheat over medium-high heat. Add the bell pepper, onion, and chard and sauté until the vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the whole eggs, egg whites, and black pepper to taste. Pour the egg mixture over the sautéed vegetables and cook, without stirring, for 2 minutes. Sprinkle the feta over the egg mixture. Place the pan in the oven and cook for 10 minutes, or until the eggs are set and puffed.
- Allow the frittata to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes. With a spatula, turn the frittata out onto a cutting board, cut it into quarters, and serve.
Calories – 155
Protein – 16 g
Total Fat – 7 g
Saturated Fat – 3 g
Cholesterol – 168 mg
Sodium – 490 mg
Carbohydrate – 7 g
Fiber – 2 g
More from Good Food, Good Deeds
Nutritionist Joy Bauer joins Florence in the kitchen to discuss a healthy take on meatloaf.
More From RLTV
Credit Card Fraud
Learn how fraudsters enlisted restaurant waitstaff to steal their customer's credit card information.
Taste of History
Chef Walter Staib cooks up historical dishes Wednesdays at 8 on RLTV.
Boomer 2.0 Introduction
Meet the Boomers, an introduction to RLTV's original program "Boomers 2.0: A Genration Re-imagined".
Boomers Know Best
Who knows Boomers best? How have young advertising executives failed in marketing to Boomers?