One of the things I liked about Israel the most is that there were so many fresh vegetable and fruit markets found on streets everywhere! This salad is really refreshing and EASY to make.
- 2 small cucumbers
- 1 bell pepper
- 4 radishes
- 2 green onions
- 1/4 head of lettuce (iceberg will work)
- 2 carrots
- 1 tbsp of chopped parsley
- 3 medium fresh tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Wash and pat dry all vegetables.
- Peel cucumbers and remove the seeds.
- Remove the stem of the bell pepper and the seeds.
- Clean the onions and radishes.
- Dice into bite-sized pieces and place into a large salad bowl.
- Break the lettuce into bite-sized pieces and grate the carrots, place both into the salad bowl and add the parsley.
- Cut the tomatoes into cubes and place in the salad bowl with all the rest.
- Sprinkle the olive oil over the salad and toss to ensure the mixture is coated with the oil.
- Add the fresh squeezed lemon juice (be sure the seeds are not included), salt and pepper and toss the salad again, and serve.