Chef Govind’s PORK LOIN WITH HAZELNUT AND PEAR STUFFING
- 1 ½ to 2 Lb. Pork Tenderloin - Butterflied (if you feel uncomfortable cutting, see if your local butcher will butterfly it for you)
- 3-4 broiled pears
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped white or yellow onion
- 1 large garlic clove finely chopped or grated
- 2 cups croutons
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup toasted hazelnuts, chopped if desired
- 2 cups chicken stock (may not use all)
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 2 or 4 pieces of butchers twine (to tie Pork Loin)
Directions for Broiling Pears
- Peel, cut in half and remove seeds/core.
- Place pear halves face down on a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Place baking sheet under broiler for a couple minutes or until pears start to slightly brown or caramelize.
- Turn pears over to broil on other side (be careful not to burn them).
- Once pears are broiled, remove from oven and let cool.
- After cooled, cut pears into thin slices for stuffing pork loin.
Directions for Stuffing
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Sauté celery, onion and grated garlic over medium heat for a 2-3 minutes, remove from heat.
- In large bowl combine croutons, celery, onion, garlic, toasted hazelnuts, beaten egg, add chicken stock in a slow stream. Mix until stuffing is moist.
- Add a pinch of salt, fresh ground pepper and chopped sage.
- Spread stuffing on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 350 Degrees for approximately 15 minutes.
- When stuffing is done, remove from oven and let cool to room temperature.
Directions for Assembling and Baking Pork Loin
- Butterfly pork loin and lightly pound it until it lays flat or as close to flat as possible.
- Place a flattened layer of room temperature stuffing on the pork loin then add a row of pears on top of stuffing.
- Once stuffing and pears are in place, roll pork loin into a tight roll then tie with butcher’s twine to secure.
- Place pork loin in a shallow baking dish and bake at 350 Degrees for approximately 20-25 minutes or until pork reaches proper internal temperature.
- Serve with your favorite healthy sauce and side of vegetables.
More From Who's Cooking With Florence Henderson
Leeza Gibbons teaches Florence Henderson how to make her mother's Crisis Chocolate Cake.
Leeza Gibbons shares her healthy living advice about handling stress through meditation and exercise.
Penn Jillette visits and tries to stump Florence Henderson in a game of truth versus lies.
Tim Conway tells Florence Henderson about his time in the army and using humor to get through all...
Meals on Wheels chef Scott Roark discusses volunteerism and leads Florence Henderson and Chef Govind Armstrong in making...
Actor Tim Conway uses his classic humor to show Florence how to prepare Chicken Tarragon.
Dallas' Linda Grey volunteers with Meals on Wheels to understand day-to-day preparations in the kitchen.
Christopher Knight leads Florence Henderson in making an updated version of the famous Brady pork chops and apple...
Chef Govind leads Florence Henderson and Christopher Knight in making a healthy pork loin.
Meals on Wheels
Florence Henderson visits a Meals on Wheels kitchen and learns what the operation is all about.
Florence and Fran discuss Cancer Schmancer and her ideas about prevention.
Florence tries Fran and Meals on Wheels Chef Sonny Sonnhalter's delicious, healthy dishes.
Nutritionist Joy Bauer implores a new, healthier recipe for lasagna.
More from RLTV
The Mother-Child Bond
The relationship between mothers and their children is like no other. We examine the various dynamics of the...
What's Next for Larry
Larrry is brought to the Chester Country Arts Center to pursue a hobby that he has always been...
Host Dr. Kevin Soden takes an in-depth look at acupuncture treatment, and how it can help manage pain...
Able in a Disabled World
It's Your Call sheds light on living with a disability, mobility issues, and loss of independence when disease...
Viiewpoint introduces its audience to Curling, a sport that is popular and achievable amongst all ages, which can...
Carol Spence shows us how walking in a labyrinth can be a learning tool to health and healing,...
The Waverly Scotties, a boys high school basketball team in the midwest, face an unfamiliar opponent when they...
Roof Deck Garden
In this episode, host Michael Weishan shows us how to transform an empty rooftop deck into a low...
Jay and Blanchette Rockefeller
Senator Jay Rockefellere discusses his struggles of caregiving for his mother, Blanchette Rockefeller, a patient of Alzheimer's Disease.
Senior K-9 Team
Find out how a senior K-9 team is taking a bite out of crime.
Female Drill Sergeant
A female drill sergeant takes major strides as the first woman to lead an acclaimed army academy.
Healthline examines the various causes of substance abuse and alcholoism among people over 60.
Know the Score
In "Know the Score", Jean Chatzky delves into the science of credit scores. What determines yours, and how...
Making Your Money Last
In "Making Your Money Last", Jean Chatzky confronts the number one fear for the Boomer gernation: having enough...
An Italian retiree shares her love of her native language through teaching.
Dr. Anna Marie recycles, rewraps and redefines windows in her Greenovation project.