Chef Govind’s PORK LOIN WITH HAZELNUT AND PEAR STUFFING
- 1 ½ to 2 Lb. Pork Tenderloin - Butterflied (if you feel uncomfortable cutting, see if your local butcher will butterfly it for you)
- 3-4 broiled pears
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped white or yellow onion
- 1 large garlic clove finely chopped or grated
- 2 cups croutons
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup toasted hazelnuts, chopped if desired
- 2 cups chicken stock (may not use all)
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 2 or 4 pieces of butchers twine (to tie Pork Loin)
Directions for Broiling Pears
- Peel, cut in half and remove seeds/core.
- Place pear halves face down on a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Place baking sheet under broiler for a couple minutes or until pears start to slightly brown or caramelize.
- Turn pears over to broil on other side (be careful not to burn them).
- Once pears are broiled, remove from oven and let cool.
- After cooled, cut pears into thin slices for stuffing pork loin.
Directions for Stuffing
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Sauté celery, onion and grated garlic over medium heat for a 2-3 minutes, remove from heat.
- In large bowl combine croutons, celery, onion, garlic, toasted hazelnuts, beaten egg, add chicken stock in a slow stream. Mix until stuffing is moist.
- Add a pinch of salt, fresh ground pepper and chopped sage.
- Spread stuffing on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 350 Degrees for approximately 15 minutes.
- When stuffing is done, remove from oven and let cool to room temperature.
Directions for Assembling and Baking Pork Loin
- Butterfly pork loin and lightly pound it until it lays flat or as close to flat as possible.
- Place a flattened layer of room temperature stuffing on the pork loin then add a row of pears on top of stuffing.
- Once stuffing and pears are in place, roll pork loin into a tight roll then tie with butcher’s twine to secure.
- Place pork loin in a shallow baking dish and bake at 350 Degrees for approximately 20-25 minutes or until pork reaches proper internal temperature.
- Serve with your favorite healthy sauce and side of vegetables.