Chef Govind’s PORK LOIN WITH HAZELNUT AND PEAR STUFFING
- 1 ½ to 2 Lb. Pork Tenderloin - Butterflied (if you feel uncomfortable cutting, see if your local butcher will butterfly it for you)
- 3-4 broiled pears
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped white or yellow onion
- 1 large garlic clove finely chopped or grated
- 2 cups croutons
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup toasted hazelnuts, chopped if desired
- 2 cups chicken stock (may not use all)
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 2 or 4 pieces of butchers twine (to tie Pork Loin)
Directions for Broiling Pears
- Peel, cut in half and remove seeds/core.
- Place pear halves face down on a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Place baking sheet under broiler for a couple minutes or until pears start to slightly brown or caramelize.
- Turn pears over to broil on other side (be careful not to burn them).
- Once pears are broiled, remove from oven and let cool.
- After cooled, cut pears into thin slices for stuffing pork loin.
Directions for Stuffing
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Sauté celery, onion and grated garlic over medium heat for a 2-3 minutes, remove from heat.
- In large bowl combine croutons, celery, onion, garlic, toasted hazelnuts, beaten egg, add chicken stock in a slow stream. Mix until stuffing is moist.
- Add a pinch of salt, fresh ground pepper and chopped sage.
- Spread stuffing on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 350 Degrees for approximately 15 minutes.
- When stuffing is done, remove from oven and let cool to room temperature.
Directions for Assembling and Baking Pork Loin
- Butterfly pork loin and lightly pound it until it lays flat or as close to flat as possible.
- Place a flattened layer of room temperature stuffing on the pork loin then add a row of pears on top of stuffing.
- Once stuffing and pears are in place, roll pork loin into a tight roll then tie with butcher’s twine to secure.
- Place pork loin in a shallow baking dish and bake at 350 Degrees for approximately 20-25 minutes or until pork reaches proper internal temperature.
- Serve with your favorite healthy sauce and side of vegetables.
More From Who's Cooking With Florence Henderson
Leeza Gibbons teaches Florence Henderson how to make her mother's Crisis Chocolate Cake.
Leeza Gibbons shares her healthy living advice about handling stress through meditation and exercise.
Penn Jillette visits and tries to stump Florence Henderson in a game of truth versus lies.
Christopher Knight leads Florence Henderson in making an updated version of the famous Brady pork chops and apple...
Actor Tim Conway uses his classic humor to show Florence how to prepare Chicken Tarragon.
Meals on Wheels chef Scott Roark discusses volunteerism and leads Florence Henderson and Chef Govind Armstrong in making...
Meals on Wheels
Florence Henderson visits a Meals on Wheels kitchen and learns what the operation is all about.
Florence tries Fran and Meals on Wheels Chef Sonny Sonnhalter's delicious, healthy dishes.
Dallas' Linda Grey volunteers with Meals on Wheels to understand day-to-day preparations in the kitchen.
Chef Govind leads Florence Henderson and Christopher Knight in making a healthy pork loin.
Florence and Fran discuss Cancer Schmancer and her ideas about prevention.
Tim Conway tells Florence Henderson about his time in the army and using humor to get through all...
Nutritionist Joy Bauer implores a new, healthier recipe for lasagna.
Chef Govind leads Florence Henderson and Christopher Knight in making a healthy stuffed pork loin.
More from RLTV
Female Drill Sergeant
A female drill sergeant takes major strides as the first woman to lead an acclaimed army academy.
Healthline examines the various causes of substance abuse and alcholoism among people over 60.
Know the Score
In "Know the Score", Jean Chatzky delves into the science of credit scores. What determines yours, and how...
An Italian retiree shares her love of her native language through teaching.
Making Your Money Last
In "Making Your Money Last", Jean Chatzky confronts the number one fear for the Boomer gernation: having enough...
Learn how counterfeit money is produced and how you can identify it.
Managing Your Finances
Sometimes, the hardest part about managing your finances is getting organized. In this episode of "Cash Call", Jean...
Love, Marriage & Money
Do you tell the truth when it comes to money? More than half of adults say they don't,...
Take to the skies with a family of stunt pilots and wing walkers
Find out what is involved in hip replacement and who should consider one.
One woman's addiction to prescription medication puts her in a coma for two days.
Massai of Tanzania
They practice polygamy, drink blood and live in mud huts of dung. We meet the wives and Old...
In "Grannie's Gone Wild", Lawanda introduces Linda to her friends and to the neighborhood by hosting a pajama...
U.S.S. Carl Vinson
We land on the aircraft carrier at sea off San Diego and watch jets launched and recovered, talk...