Chef Govind’s Roasted Butternut Squash and Rosemary Cream Sauce Lasagna
- 3 Pounds butternut squash, quartered, seeded, peeled, and cut into ½-inch dice
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Cups milk
- 2 Tablespoons fresh rosemary (remove leaves from stem)
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 Tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 9 -7x3½-inch sheets dry no-boil lasagna pasta
- 1 1/3 cups freshly grated parmesan (about 5 ounces)
- 1 Cup heavy cream
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1 15 Oz. container of ricotta cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread diced Butternut Squash in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Lightly sprinkle squash with a pinch of salt and fresh cracked pepper and drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Roast squash in oven about 10 minutes. Stir squash and roast 10 minutes more, or until tender and beginning to turn golden.
Directions for Butternut Squash and Rosemary Cream Sauce
- In a saucepan, add milk and rosemary leaves. Over medium heat, bring milk and rosemary to a simmer. Once milk has come to a simmer, remove from heat and let steep for about 5 or 10 minutes (or until ready to use).
- In another large saucepan, over moderately low heat, melt butter and add garlic. Stir until garlic is softened. Add flour to make a roux.
- Pour milk mixture through a sieve to remove rosemary leaves and add the strained milk to the roux; Whisking briskly so mixture does not get lumpy.
- Continue to whisk milk and flour mixture for about 5 minutes, or until thick. (At this point, squash should be done baking.) Removed Squash from oven and add squash directly into the sauce; continue stirring until incorporated well.
- Once thoroughly incorporated, remove from heat.
Directions for Whipped Topping
- Pour cold whipping cream into a large bowl. With a hand mixer on low, whip cream until soft peaks form. Add a dash of salt and pepper to whipped cream and then with a rubber scraper, gently fold in 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- Set aside for later use.
Directions for Assembling Butternut Squash Lasagna
- Reduce oven Temperature to 375 Degrees.
- Lightly butter a 13x9x3 baking dish
- Pour 1 cup of Butternut Squash and Rosemary Cream Sauce into baking dish (sauce may not cover bottom completely) then place 3 lasagna sheets on top of sauce, leaving space between them.
- Spread half of remaining sauce over pasta and sprinkle with ½ cup Parmesan Cheese.
- Add 3 more sheets of pasta on top of the Parmesan cheese layer, and then spread a layer of Ricotta Cheese over the pasta and the remaining ½ cup of Parmesan Cheese.
- Add the rest of the Butternut Squash Sauce and place the last 3 sheets of Pasta on top.
- Spread the Whipping cream mixture you made earlier evenly over top pasta layer, making sure pasta is completely covered.
- Cover dish tightly with foil, tenting slightly to prevent foil from touching top layer, and bake in middle of oven 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake lasagna 10 minutes more, or until top is bubbling and golden.
- Let lasagna stand 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
More From Who's Cooking With Florence Henderson
Leeza Gibbons teaches Florence Henderson how to make her mother's Crisis Chocolate Cake.
Leeza Gibbons shares her healthy living advice about handling stress through meditation and exercise.
Penn Jillette visits and tries to stump Florence Henderson in a game of truth versus lies.
Tim Conway tells Florence Henderson about his time in the army and using humor to get through all...
Meals on Wheels chef Scott Roark discusses volunteerism and leads Florence Henderson and Chef Govind Armstrong in making...
Actor Tim Conway uses his classic humor to show Florence how to prepare Chicken Tarragon.
Dallas' Linda Grey volunteers with Meals on Wheels to understand day-to-day preparations in the kitchen.
Christopher Knight leads Florence Henderson in making an updated version of the famous Brady pork chops and apple...
Chef Govind leads Florence Henderson and Christopher Knight in making a healthy pork loin.
Meals on Wheels
Florence Henderson visits a Meals on Wheels kitchen and learns what the operation is all about.
Florence and Fran discuss Cancer Schmancer and her ideas about prevention.
Florence tries Fran and Meals on Wheels Chef Sonny Sonnhalter's delicious, healthy dishes.
Nutritionist Joy Bauer implores a new, healthier recipe for lasagna.
More from RLTV
What's Next for Larry
Larrry is brought to the Chester Country Arts Center to pursue a hobby that he has always been...
Host Dr. Kevin Soden takes an in-depth look at acupuncture treatment, and how it can help manage pain...
Viiewpoint introduces its audience to Curling, a sport that is popular and achievable amongst all ages, which can...
Carol Spence shows us how walking in a labyrinth can be a learning tool to health and healing,...
The Waverly Scotties, a boys high school basketball team in the midwest, face an unfamiliar opponent when they...
Roof Deck Garden
In this episode, host Michael Weishan shows us how to transform an empty rooftop deck into a low...
Jay and Blanchette Rockefeller
Senator Jay Rockefellere discusses his struggles of caregiving for his mother, Blanchette Rockefeller, a patient of Alzheimer's Disease.
Female Drill Sergeant
A female drill sergeant takes major strides as the first woman to lead an acclaimed army academy.
Healthline examines the various causes of substance abuse and alcholoism among people over 60.
Know the Score
In "Know the Score", Jean Chatzky delves into the science of credit scores. What determines yours, and how...
Making Your Money Last
In "Making Your Money Last", Jean Chatzky confronts the number one fear for the Boomer gernation: having enough...
An Italian retiree shares her love of her native language through teaching.
Learn how counterfeit money is produced and how you can identify it.
Managing Your Finances
Sometimes, the hardest part about managing your finances is getting organized. In this episode of "Cash Call", Jean...
Love, Marriage & Money
Do you tell the truth when it comes to money? More than half of adults say they don't,...
Take to the skies with a family of stunt pilots and wing walkers
Find out what is involved in hip replacement and who should consider one.