CHRISTOPHER KNIGHT'S PORK CHOPS AND APPLE CHUTNEY
- 4 – 6 bone in ½ to ¾ inch pork chops (thicker chops will need to cook 1 or 2 minutes longer on each side)
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 1-2 eggs, beaten
- 1 ¼ cups flour (for coating pork chops)
- 2 – 2 ½ cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped ginger
- ¼ of a large red onion, diced (approximately ½ cup)
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup red currant jam
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 cooking apples – peeled and diced small
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (more or less depending upon your taste for “heat”)
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- Fresh chopped cilantro
Prep for Pork Chops
- Lightly salt and pepper both sides of the pork chops.
- Dip pork chops in flour, coating both sides.
- Shake off excess flour and place in egg wash, flip once to wet other side.
- Lift pork chops from egg wash, letting excess drip off, then place in panko breadcrumbs, lightly patting crumbs to help adhere to both sides.
- Set coated pork chops on a plate, set aside in refrigerator until ready to cook for about 15- 30 minutes. While chops are resting, prepare the “Apple Curry Chutney.”
Directions for “Apple Curry Chutney”
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add fresh ginger and onions and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the apple cider vinegar and the red currant jam to ginger and onions, stir.
- After 1 minute, add curry and red pepper flakes.
- Stir in chopped apples and dried cranberries. Cook on medium high heat, stirring often for 4 to 5 minutes or until apples are soft and the mixture begins to cook down or thicken.
- When chutney is complete, top with fresh cilantro if desired. Serve with pork chops.
Directions for Cooking Pork Chops
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium high heat. Once pan is heated, place pork chops in pan.
- Fry pork 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until golden-brown (remember thicker chops may require extra cooking time).
- When done, place chops on a large platter and serve with Chutney.
More From Who's Cooking With Florence Henderson
Leeza Gibbons teaches Florence Henderson how to make her mother's Crisis Chocolate Cake.
Leeza Gibbons shares her healthy living advice about handling stress through meditation and exercise.
Penn Jillette visits and tries to stump Florence Henderson in a game of truth versus lies.
Christopher Knight leads Florence Henderson in making an updated version of the famous Brady pork chops and apple...
Actor Tim Conway uses his classic humor to show Florence how to prepare Chicken Tarragon.
Meals on Wheels chef Scott Roark discusses volunteerism and leads Florence Henderson and Chef Govind Armstrong in making...
Florence tries Fran and Meals on Wheels Chef Sonny Sonnhalter's delicious, healthy dishes.
Meals on Wheels
Florence Henderson visits a Meals on Wheels kitchen and learns what the operation is all about.
Chef Govind leads Florence Henderson and Christopher Knight in making a healthy pork loin.
Dallas' Linda Grey volunteers with Meals on Wheels to understand day-to-day preparations in the kitchen.
Florence and Fran discuss Cancer Schmancer and her ideas about prevention.
Tim Conway tells Florence Henderson about his time in the army and using humor to get through all...
Nutritionist Joy Bauer implores a new, healthier recipe for lasagna.
Chef Govind leads Florence Henderson and Christopher Knight in making a healthy stuffed pork loin.
More from RLTV
Female Drill Sergeant
A female drill sergeant takes major strides as the first woman to lead an acclaimed army academy.
Healthline examines the various causes of substance abuse and alcholoism among people over 60.
Know the Score
In "Know the Score", Jean Chatzky delves into the science of credit scores. What determines yours, and how...
Making Your Money Last
In "Making Your Money Last", Jean Chatzky confronts the number one fear for the Boomer gernation: having enough...
An Italian retiree shares her love of her native language through teaching.
Learn how counterfeit money is produced and how you can identify it.
Managing Your Finances
Sometimes, the hardest part about managing your finances is getting organized. In this episode of "Cash Call", Jean...
Love, Marriage & Money
Do you tell the truth when it comes to money? More than half of adults say they don't,...
Take to the skies with a family of stunt pilots and wing walkers
Find out what is involved in hip replacement and who should consider one.
One woman's addiction to prescription medication puts her in a coma for two days.
Massai of Tanzania
They practice polygamy, drink blood and live in mud huts of dung. We meet the wives and Old...
In "Grannie's Gone Wild", Lawanda introduces Linda to her friends and to the neighborhood by hosting a pajama...
U.S.S. Carl Vinson
We land on the aircraft carrier at sea off San Diego and watch jets launched and recovered, talk...