FRAN DRESCHER’S BLACK BEAN BURGERS
- 2 cups cooked Organic Black Beans
- 1 zucchini, finely chopped
- 10 baby carrots, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch baby broccoli, finely chopped
- 2 organic eggs, beaten
- 1 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
- 1 container of micro arugula greens, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dash of paprika
- 4 oz. coconut oil
- Prep and cook organic black beans according to package instructions.
- Heat 2 ounces of coconut oil over medium heat until the bottom of the pan is covered.
- Sauté onion, carrots, zucchini and baby broccoli.
- After a few minutes, add the black beans to your pan and sauté a few more minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour bean and vegetables into a large bowl.
- Add breadcrumbs, eggs, chopped micro arugula, salt, pepper and paprika (if you wish) and mix.
- One thoroughly mixed, make patties about 2 inches in diameter.
- Heat remaining 2 ounce of coconut oil over medium heat until the bottom of the pan is covered.
- Cook patties over medium heat for 4 minutes on each side. They should look lightly crisp and browned.