Govind’s Pretzel Crusted Baked Chicken Drumettes
- Chicken Drumettes
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 cups finely crushed pretzels (more or less depending amount of chicken you are making)
- 2 eggs – beaten
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup flour (more or less depending on amount of chicken you are making)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour flour in a shallow dish for dipping station.
- Beat together 2 eggs and 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard; place in a shallow dish for dipping station.
- In a food processor, crush pretzels until fine (some chunks are okay as this adds texture) and pour into a shallow dish for dipping station.
- Season chicken drumettes with salt and pepper.
- Lightly roll drumette in flour and shake off excess.
- Dip drumette in egg mixture.
- Roll drumette in crushed pretzels and place on a shallow baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat these steps till all chicken pieces are coated.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until chicken is crispy and cooked thoroughly.
Yogurt Dijon Ranch Dip for Chicken Drumettes (or fresh vegetables)
- 1 cup low fat (plain) Greek style yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 clove of minced garlic or ½ teaspoon garlic powder (if you prefer)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Blend all ingredients together well and refrigerate until ready to eat.