Govind's Sweet Potato Bars
Ingredients for Crust
- ¼ cup Pecans, Chopped
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Directions for Crust
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- In a food processing, pulse together pecans, graham crackers and flax seeds until fine.
- Add 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Pulse a few more times or until the mixture begins to come together.
- Press crumbs evenly into a 9-inch square pan or pie pan lined with parchment paper.
- Blind bake in preheated oven 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool while you mix your filling.
Ingredients for Filling
- 2 cups of mashed sweet potato
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 egg whites
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- A pinch of ground ginger
- ½ cup milk
Directions for Filling
- Combine all ingredients together in a bowl and mix well.
- Once combined and crust is cooled, pour into crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees 50-60 minutes or until knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Greek Yogurt w/Vanilla Bean and Agave Topping
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- ½ vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 1 tablespoon Agave
- Mix all ingredients together, incorporating well.
- Serve over your Sweet Potato bars or on your favorite dessert.