Holly Robinson Peete’s Family Favorite - Baked Mac & Cheese
- 1-8oz package of Macaroni
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 4 Tablespoons flour
- 1 Cup Cream
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ½ Cup Bread Crumbs mixed w/one (1) Tablespoon melted butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; Drain and set aside.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of melted butter with ½ cup bread crumbs; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons of butter over medium heat.
- Add salt and pepper to 4 tablespoons of flour, then add flour to saucepan with the melted butter; Whisking until well blended.
- Add Milk and Cream to flour and butter mixture; stirring constantly.
- Simmer 10 minutes or until mixture starts to thicken (stirring constantly).
- Add Shredded Cheddar Cheese a little at a time until all cheese is added.
- Continue to simmer an additional 5 minutes or until all cheese is melted.
- Remove cheese mixture from heat and add cooked/drained macaroni.
- Stir macaroni and cheese mixture together until thoroughly combined.
- Pour macaroni mixture into a buttered baking dish
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs that have been mixed with melted butter and bake at 350 degrees until top is golden brown (approximately 20 minutes).