ROBERT WAGNER’S – PASTA ALLA CHECCA
- 3 tablespoons of good Extra Virgin Olive Oil (1 tablespoon set aside)
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 4 peeled cloves of garlic
- ½ cup fresh basil
- 5 fresh roma tomatoes, seeded and diced medium
- 8-10 oz fresh buffalo mozzarella, cut into slices or quartered
- Salt and pepper to taste (if desired)
- Boil pasta in salted water until al dente, drain and drizzle with a tablespoon of olive oil (to keep pasta from sticking together). Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté garlic (whole cloves or roughly chopped if desired) and tomatoes for 1-2 minutes.
- Add Buffalo Mozzarella to skillet.
- Add salt and pepper if desired
- Add drained Pasta to pan. Stir well and cover 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and pour into a large serving bowl.
- Top with fresh basil and enjoy.