Sonny Sonhalter’s LENTIL LOAF
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided use
- 1 shallot minced
- ¾ cup celery, finely chopped
- ½ cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- ½ cup carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 cups cooked red lentils
- ¾ cup cooked green split peas
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup cooked rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower butter
- 3 tablespoons red miso sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil in a loaf pan, coating all sides of loaf pan and set aside.
- Heat remaining two tablespoons of olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add shallots, celery, and red bell pepper and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add carrots, garlic, and thyme and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl. Stir in all remaining ingredients until well combined.
- Pour mixture into your prepared loaf pan and place on baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until heated through.
- Serve lentil loaf hot with warm tomato sauce.