Beach fabulous feet
You have the perfect swimsuit, you’re stocked up on your sunscreen and you pulled out your favorite sandals! It’s that time of year to unveil the feet after a long winter stuck inside socks and shoes-it may be a little daunting!
Whether it’s discolored toenails, dry flaky skin or those pesky little corns and calluses-your feet can suffer from being cramped up during the cooler months. To get the summer season kicked off on the right foot-here are some tips to get your feet sandal savvy:
- Soak you feet with warm water for at least 10 minutes. If you want to really relax-try adding some epson salt, oils or herbal soaks!
- Right after soaking-remove any thickened, dead skin build up around your heels, balls and sides of feet with a pumice stone or foot file. Warning-DO NOT use a razor because it can remove too much skin and cause more harm than good!
- Use an exfoliating scrub on the soles, side and tops of the feet to get rid of dry flay skin.
- Apply and massage your feet with an emollient-enriched skin lotion to hydrate the skin and increase circulation. One tip-be sure to remove any excess moisturizer from your toenails and in between your toes.
- Use a straight edge toenail clipper to cut your nails. Clip just above the top of each toe to make sure nails do not become curved or rounded in the corners.
- Before going to bed-very lightly wrap your entire foot with cellophane. This will help lock in moisture-sort of light a little sauna!
- Apply nail polish to only healthy toenails. It’s a good idea to remove polish on a regular basis to let the nail bed breathe.
- If any skin or nail conditions exist-see a foot specialist for a checkup
- Check your sandals and flip flips –discard any that look too worn. There are some companies that have designed flip flops for comfort and support. Several companies include: Aetrex, Spenco and Zori. Check them out!
- Practice good foot hygiene all year round! (daily washing with soap and water, drying feet carefully-particularly between the toes.
More from Your Life Redefined
In the "Eat Well, Live Well" segment of this episode, Executive Chef Ulrich Koberstein shows us a healthy...
Dr. Anna Marie recycles, rewraps and redefines windows in her Greenovation project.
Senior K-9 Team
Find out how a senior K-9 team is taking a bite out of crime.
Stop Middle Age Weight Gain
Dr. Anna Marie and Dr. Arlene Hankinson discuss the importance of maintaining an exercise program through middle age...
Dr. Anna Marie and fitness expert Kevin Makely stroll along the beach of St. Lucia discussing the benefits...
Five Spice Dusted Shrimp
Chef Jeremy Critchfield cooks up some of his special Five Spice Dusted Shrimp over Shanghai Pesto Noodles.
Arabians in America
Bazy Tankersley presents us with her pride, passion and purpose in breeding magnificent Arabian horses.
Your Life Redefined promo
A weekly half-hour better living show, jam packed with uplifting information to help bring balance into our viewers...
More from RLTV
Hoarding is a growing phenomenon that particularly affects older adults, and normally is a mental illness manifested behind...
Making Your Money Last
In "Making Your Money Last", Jean Chatzky confronts the number one fear for the Boomer gernation: having enough...
A professional dancer tries to teach her blind date the Tango.
Managing Your Finances
Sometimes, the hardest part about managing your finances is getting organized. In this episode of "Cash Call", Jean...
Love, Marriage & Money
Do you tell the truth when it comes to money? More than half of adults say they don't,...
Never Say Die
Popular culture has sold boomers the notion that old age can be defied, if they exercise and diet.
Two singles go on a mini-golf blind date in search of love.
Female Drill Sergeant
A female drill sergeant takes major strides as the first woman to lead an acclaimed army academy.
Dr. Alexis Abramson joins Joan Lunden to discuss new products that help caregivers foster independence for their spouses.
In "Grannie's Gone Wild", Lawanda introduces Linda to her friends and to the neighborhood by hosting a pajama...
Marian's goddaughter arranges a photo shoot to update the menu, but Sandy doesn't do well with the change.
Grandma Phylus gives a little love and support to students in a school for troubled teens.
Learn how one man is living with Atrial Fibrillation and how it's not slowing him down from exploring...
We arrive in a "Ben Hur" chariot; drive to Wadi Rum; talk to Bedouins,; tour the great desert...
Fraud Squad TV exposes a travel agent who defrauded customers for over $278,000 in bogus vacation packages.
We run into the bull ring along with thousands of others, watch the opening ceremony, visit the mother-of-all...